The purpose of Chapter 14A is to ensure that interests of shareholders as a whole are taken into account by a listed issuer when the listed issuer’s group enters into transactions with connected persons. Conflict of interests will or may arise so it is important to ensure a timely disclosure of relevant information to all shareholders, so that the public and investors are kept fully informed of any information necessary for them to appraise the position of the listed issuer. This course will provide an in-depth and detailed analysis of the current requirements of Chapter 14A of the Listing Rules by way of flowcharts and examples.
Highlights of the course include:
- What are Connected Transactions?
- Who is a Connected Person? Definitions of “associate”, “connected subsidiary”, “deemed connected person” explored
- Total & Partial Exemptions
- Continuing Connected Transactions
- Other Applicable Rules: Deeming provision, Aggregation of Transactions, etc
- Other Applicable Rules: Deeming provision, Aggregation of Transactions, etc.
- Announcement & Circular Requirements
- Other Applicable Rules and General Principles
- Exercises and Case Studies
To view our Registration Conditions click here.