This course will discuss the employment relationship, from the formation of the employment relationship through to termination and beyond, looking at the statutory and common law framework. Given the importance to many business of their strong client base and network and specialized technical know-how, this course will review the extent of an employee’s duty of fidelity and good faith as developed in common law; the type of confidential information protected by law; and the effectiveness of restrictive covenants; as well as the remedies for breach of these duties or covenants. It will also touch on new developments in employment law and look at areas such as social media and vicarious liability.
(Face to Face & Live Via Zoom) Employment Principles and Practical Guidance
Highlights of the course include:
- The Employment Relationship
- Employee / Independent Contractor
- Duties – Express / Implied
- Contract – drafting / interpretation
- Anti- Discrimination in the Workplace
- Disciplinary issues and procedures
- Post Employment
- Current Issues / Future Developments
To view our registration conditions click HERE.