Corporate venture capital is becoming a lucrative way for corporations to gain footholds in new markets and generate insight in up-and-coming technologies. Structuring the investment terms of these ventures is perhaps one of the most important considerations. The following course will provide information on best practices for structuring these agreements.
Highlights of the course include:
- Overview of corporate venture capital investment
- What are the best practices in negotiating deal terms?
- How to draft an investment term sheet?
- Economic terms
- Control terms
- Exit terms
- Side letters
- Strategic Commercial Agreements
- Contractual allocation of IP ownership rights
- What is a source code escrow?