Regulators and law enforcement agencies have in recent times become more aggressive in investigating alleged large-scale corporate misconduct, bribery and fraud. This means that major executions of search warrants and the exercise of immediate arrest and interview powers (which together are features of what is commonly referred to as “dawn raids” conducted by law enforcement agencies and regulators) has become and could, for some time to come, continue to be more widespread. In this seminar, we will conduct a run through of some of the main practical issues associated with facing and handling a dawn raid, as well as follow-up work and issues in its aftermath. “War stories” from past experiences will be recounted along the way.
Highlights of the course include:
- Overview of investigative agency powers (ICAC, SFC, etc.)
- Pre-Raid Planning: How your company can prepare for the unexpected
- When and who to call in event of a ‘raid’?
- Where to put the law enforcement/regulatory agents?
- What documents can you provide? Computers?
- Understanding ‘Privileged Documents’
- Responding to investigators
- Secrecy provisions
- Aftermath and follow-up
- Case studies
To view our registration conditions click HERE.