The #Metoo movement has highlighted the widespread prevalence of sexual harassment and discrimination. Individuals in all professions seem to be affected. Despite regulatory protections discrimination and discriminatory employment practices remain a problem in Hong Kong. The following course will provide information on the anti-discrimination laws in Hong Kong as well as the relevant enforcement bodies and suggestions for employers and businesses to ensure compliance and help to eliminate discrimination in the workplace.
#Metoo: Sex Harassment & Discrimination Law in Hong Kong
- Anti-discrimination legislation
- Sex Discrimination Ordinance Cap.480
- Race Discrimination Ordinance Cap. 602
- Disability Discrimination Ordinance Cap. 487
- Family Status Discrimination Ordinance Cap. 527
- Scope and activities covered by legislation
- Illustration in the employment context and specific issues for employers
- Types of employer/ employment affected
- What amounts to discrimination when dealing with job applicants/ promotion
- What are the exceptions?
- Draft Code of Practice on Employment
- Other work related arrangements subject to the requirements
- Consequence of breaches and enforcement bodies
- Case studies