The Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) has in recent years strengthened its supervisory actions of licensed corporations. One key element of the SFC’s regulatory tools is their on-site reviews or inspections. Facing an SFC inspection can be daunting. This course will guide you through the process of how to prepare for, and what to expect, when you are faced with an inspection by the SFC. This course is for Responsible Officers, Managers-In-Charge, compliance professionals, directors of Licensed Corporations, and their professional advisors. The course will give a comprehensive review of the process involved and recommended actions when market participants face an SFC inspection. Highlights of the course include:
Highlights of the course include:
- Legal and practical basis for inspections under the Securities and Futures Ordinance (SFO)
- Different types of SFC visits
- Typical “triggering events”?
- Preparation of staff, office and documents
- In-office visit specifics
- Examination topics
- Examples of common deficiencies
- Pitfalls to avoid and the SFC’s secrecy provisions under the SFO
- SFC inspection findings and how to respond
To view our registration conditions click HERE.