Effective legal writing is of paramount importance for practitioners. This course will enable participants to understand the fundamental structure, organization and key terms of typical commercial contracts. In addition, participants will acquire the basic skills needed to turn client’s commercial objectives and instructions into clearly drafted contracts. Those attending will learn the techniques and skills necessary for effective drafting and be able to apply them in practice.
Highlights of the course include:
- Structure and key terms of a typical commercial contract – case study of a share acquisition transaction
- The aims of drafting – what is good and effective drafting
- Preparation – understanding client’s objectives and taking instructions
- Proper use of a template or precedent
- Drafting in plain English
- Some commonly used drafting techniques and key words
- Drafting style
To view our Registration Conditions click HERE.