In recent years China has been making headlines with its efforts at combatting corruption within its borders. In light of the One Belt One Road Initiative and the ASEAN-Hong Kong Free Trade Agreement, the battle against corruption, money laundering and other similar crimes has extended across the Asia Pacific. What can you do to ensure that your organization is not tainted by corrupt practices? The following course will provide an overview of the rules and regulations surrounding these issues in the PRC as well as other Asian jurisdictions and explain key risks and best practices when doing business in these regions.
Highlights of the course include:
- Overview of the Cultural, Legal and Regulatory Framework in the PRC
- Guan Xi (关系) related practices e.g. gift giving and the doing of favours between certain ‘connections’,
- Anti-graft campaign
- Chinese Anti-Unfair Competition Law, Criminal Law etc.
- Overview of the Cultural, Legal and Regulatory Framework in other Asian countries
- Impact of the One Belt One Road Initiative and the ASEAN-Hong Kong Free Trade Agreement
- Key risks for businesses
- “Facilitation” payments and kickbacks
- Conflicts of interest via undisclosed transactions
- Tax and accounting irregularities
- Managing Risks
- Developing effective anti-corruption/bribery training
- Prioritizing compliance
- Conducting due diligence investigations for employees, suppliers etc.
- Creating whistle-blower policies
- Regulatory Investigations– best practices, tips and recent cases
- Continuing Compliance Issues
To view our registration conditions click HERE.