Part XIV of the Companies Law of the Cayman Islands came into effect in 2002, making Segregated Portfolio Companies (“SPC”) available for mutual funds and other commercial applications, but it is in the past decade where SPCs have gained real popularity amongst asset managers in the region. This course gives an overview of the SPC and explains the latest development and market trends, covering the key considerations for an asset manager to establish and manage such a structure.
Highlights of the course include:
- SPC principles / Key features of SPCs
- The statutory framework
- Application and structural benefits of SPC
- Investment funds structured as a SPC
- Open-ended, closed-ended and hybrid umbrella funds
- Hong Kong offering and regulatory considerations
- CIMA registration
- How to wind up an SPC
- Converting an exempted company to a SPC
To view our registration conditions click here.