Data privacy laws are becoming increasingly important for the financial industry – and increasingly complex. More jurisdictions are introducing comprehensive data privacy laws, cloud technology means personal data is increasingly stored overseas, and customers are becoming more concerned about how their personal data is handled and used. This seminar takes a detailed look at data privacy laws in Hong Kong and overseas and provides practical guidance on the key compliance issues for the financial services sector.
Highlights of the course include:
- A brief history of data privacy law
- Introduction to basic data privacy concepts
- Collection of personal data
- Use and disclosure of personal data
- Quality and accuracy of personal data
- Security and retention of personal data
- Direct marketing rules
- Moving personal data across borders: international data privacy laws
- Outsourcing the processing of personal data
- Access to and correction of personal data, including the use of access rights as a litigation “tool”
- Compliance – Privacy Management Programmes
- Key issues and action items for the financial services industry
*This course was originally scheduled on 6 October 2016
To view our registration conditions click HERE.