One of the most difficult issues facing family businesses in Asia and around the world is succession planning. A suitable process for addressing succession planning is critical for family businesses that want to continue to thrive for generations to come. This course describes a step by step process that business owning families can follow to strengthen their governance and to make succession planning a topic that is easier to address.
Highlights of the course include:
- How are family businesses different?
- The three circle model of family businesses
- Other tools & models for family businesses
- Advisory & consulting styles when working with families
- The starting point: Assessing the family system
- Building the foundation of family governance
- The family meeting & family council
- Conflicts & communication
- Family policies and family constitutions
- Corporate Governance and the family business
- Characteristics of the ideal successor
- Selecting the successor
- Designing trusts to own a family business.
- Case studies & discussion
*This course was originally scheduled on 8 September 2016
To view our registration conditions click here.
This seminar forms a series “Family Office Series” with the seminars on Evolution of the Family Office.
Special Discount Offer for registering in both courses. Please key in coupon code “foseries” after placing both courses in your cart